Rosemary and Black Cherry Grilled Skirt Steak
This amazing combination makes your mouth water just reading about it. It's a minimalist approach to a marinade ingredient list and eventual sauce for the steak that will be enjoyed by everyone.
6 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup Rosemary Olive Oil
¼ cup Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
½ cup dry red wine, divided into¼ cups
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary, divided
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1¼ pound flat iron steak
- In a bowl whisk together garlic, olive oil, balsamic, ¼ cup red wine, 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Place flat iron steak in a resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over the top. Shake to coat steak in marinade. Refrigerate for 8 hours or preferably overnight.
- When you're ready to cook, preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the steak on the grill and reserve the marinade. Cook steak 3-4 minutes per-side for medium rare. Remove steak from grill and let rest for 10 minutes. Remember the steak will continue to cook a bit while resting
- Meanwhile, pour marinade into a skillet over medium heat. Pour in remaining ¼ cup of red wine. Bring to a boil and allow to cook until it reduces by half, 5-10 minutes. Stir in remaining tablespoon of fresh rosemary. Remove from heat.
- After steak has rested, slice it against the grain into ½ inch slices. Spoon sauce over the top and serve.
Posted on October 31 2022