Holiday Season Teacake
The Seasonal flavors of Cranberry and Pear combined with a little tang of Lemon makes this cake a wonderful treat any time of year, and especially during the Holiday Season.
Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
Cranberry Pear Balsamic Vinegar
1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
2 tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Salt
zest of one lemon
1 cup sugar
½ cup Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
½ cup whole milk
2 tsp Cranberry Pear Balsamic Vinegar
½ cup powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, use an electric mixer on medium-low, whisk together eggs and sugar. Slowly stream in olive oil. Add milk. Gradually add mixed dry ingredients to mixture, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides. Stir in the vinegar until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 30-35 mins. Cool on a rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Posted on November 30 2022