Snack + Dressing
In this recipe we will give you a simple way to add "WOW" to watermelon, as well as give you a few simple tips on how to pick a sweet watermelon at the market.
This recipe features our
Latest Curated Pairing Selection of :
Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
& Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
You Will Need:
- 1 ripe watermelon, peeled, sliced into rounds, then pie shaped portions
- Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
- Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 1/4c chopped fresh mint (optional)
- A pinch of sea salt
Place all of the triangles of watermelon on a serving platter, drizzle generous amounts of Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar & Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt over the entire dish, as well as the chopped mint
This flavor combo really does WOW the senses!
Ever wonder how to pick the sweetest watermelon? Well here are a couple of tricks to help you do just that!
1. Look for the yellow belly where the melon laid agains the ground. The spot is an indicator of ripeness, it should be large and yellow on one side and the color of butter. The bigger and more yellow the spot, the longer the melon has been on the vine, the smaller and whiter the spot indicates a shorter stay on the vine.
2. tap the bottom and listen for a deep sound. Over-ripe melons will have a hollow sound, whereas ripe melons will have a deeper tone.
3. Look for the not- so - picture - perfect melon. A shiny green outside can indicate under ripeness. The heavier the melon the more juicy, so go for a heavier one from the bunch.
Photos & Recipe by Amanda Ashley