For all of my vegan friends, here is a Holiday Stuffing recipe that's delicious. Of course, this recipe can easily have sausage or any protein for that matter. This recipe though is totally clean of animal products. I hope you love it.
Ingredients2 sour dough baguettes cubed into 1” pieces
6 Tbsp Herbs de Provence Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Mission Fig Balsamic Vinegar
2 cups diced medium yellow onion
2 cups diced celery
2 Granny Smith apples (peel on) cored and cut into bite sized pieces
1 cup dried cranberries
1 ½ cups mushrooms
1 tsp fresh sage leaves
1 tsp fresh thyme
1½ tsp minced fresh rosemary leaves
2 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp pepper
1-2 cups vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 225°
- Place cubed bread in an even layer on a cooking tray and bake until bread is dried out, about 30-40 minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 370°.
- Lightly oil a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Heat 4 Tbsp of the oil in a saucepan. Add celery, onion, apples, mushrooms, cranberries, and herbs and cook until tender. Add in the balsamic vinegar and stir quickly.
- Stir in 1½ cups of the broth.
- Add in the bread cubes and mix quickly & lightly. You want the bread just moistened, not mushy.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking dish. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the stuffing.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes.
- For more flavor, drizzle add more Mission Fig Balsamic Vinegar on the top!