Thanksgiving Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash and Mission Fig Vinaigrette
This salad is not only delicious but beautiful as well. A wonderful side to your Thanksgiving feast!
4 cups of baby spinach and 4 cups of spring mix
2 cups cubed butternut squash
1 tsp cinnamon
1 chopped pear
1 crisp apple chopped (I used Arkansas Black)
½ cup (or more!) crumbly Goat cheese or crumbly cheese of choice.
½ cup dried cherries
½ cup lightly chopped Maple Candied Pecans (recipe link here)
2 tbsp EVOO
For the vinaigrette:
¼ cup Mission Fig Balsamic Vinegar
½ cup Herbs de Provence Olive Oil
Preparation for the squash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a bowl toss cubed squash with a couple of tablespoons of a good evoo and sprinkle the cinnamon and sea salt over the squash.
- Place cubed squash on the baking sheet and roast for approximately 30 minutes. Let cool slightly before adding it to the salad.
Preparation for the salad
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Slowly drizzle the vinaigrette and incorporate into salad mix until desired dressing amount is met.