Perfectly Marinated Grilled Tri-tip
Tender and full of flavor, there likely won’t be leftovers on this one! If there are, use the leftover meat warmed in a hoagie sandwich for a delicious beef dip.
3 lb Tri-Tip Steak
3 tablespoons Montreal Steak Seasoning (1 Tbsp per lb)
½ cup Garlic Lemon Olive Oil
½ cup Traditional Dark Balsamic Vinegar
3 garlic cloves chopped
- In a Ziplock bag, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Montreal Seasoning, and garlic, mixing well. Add meat and squish around to make sure all meat is covered with the marinade. Remove as much air as possible from the bag.
- Marinate in the fridge for 6-24 hours rotating as needed to keep all meat covered in the marinade.
- Remove tri-tip 40 minutes prior to grilling to bring the temperature up to room temperature.
- Remove from liquid and pour liquid into a measuring cup for basting on the grill.
- Grill meat to your preferred cook/doneness, basting frequently. Discard any left-over marinade. Make sure to let the tri tip rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Always slice tri-tip against the grain.