Meyer Lemon Cornmeal Teacakes
The traditional flavor of Lemon with the addition of Black Cherry makes this cake a wonderful treat any time of year for any occasion. It easily stands on its own or as a platform for some fresh fruit or ice cream, sorbet or gelato.
Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
2 tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Salt
zest of one lemon
1 cup sugar
½ cup Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
½ cup whole milk
2 tsp Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
½ cup powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, use an electric mixer on medium-low, whisk together eggs and sugar. Slowly stream in olive oil. Add milk. Gradually add mixed dry ingredients to mixture, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides. Stir in the vinegar until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 30-35 mins. Cool on a rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar.