Lemon Thyme Spinach Tortellini Salad
This fresh delightful pasta salad can be served warm or cold. Enjoy as a side dish or as a main by adding your favorite protein like salmon or grilled chicken.
For the salad
1 lb fresh tortelloni pasta (cheese stuffed is good here and fresh pasta is way better than frozen.)
2 cups fresh baby spinach (packed)
1 cup tomatoes (cherry or fresh homegrown are best. You really want that fresh tomato flavor.)
1 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
1 cup fresh basil (chopped)
1 cup baby mozzarella balls
½ cup sundried tomatoes in oil (drained, chopped)
½ cup olives (Your favorite kind works here.)
For the Dressing
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 Tbsp Lemon Balsamic
1/3 cup Thyme Olive Oil
1 tsp dried oregano
Salt and Pepper to taste
Fresh thyme if desired
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water (or not if you want it warm.)
- Transfer the pasta to a large bowl. Add the rest of the salad ingredients and toss gently.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, lemon balsamic, thyme olive oil, and herbs. Add a big pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- For the best flavor, let the salad sit for 30 minutes or so to allow the flavors to blend together.