Herbs de Provence and Champagne French-Style Roasted Chicken
The flavors in this chicken will take you directly to Southern France, where delicious roasted chicken is a staple in most every home.
Double bone-in chicken breast (approx. 2 lbs.)
2 Tbsp Herbs de Provence Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Smoky Citrus Seasoning
¼ tsp. black pepper
1 Lemon, sliced thickly (4 or 5 pieces)
¼ cup dry white wine
¼ cup Champagne Balsamic Vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- Coat the breast on both sides with the Herbs de Provence Olive Oil, the Smoky Citrus Seasoning, and black pepper.
- In a roasting pan, lay the chicken breast-side down on top of the lemon slices. Roast for 35 minutes.
- Remove and flip the chicken over.
- Add the wine to deglaze the pan.
- At this point, you may add any seasoned chopped vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, celery, yams, etc.
- Return chicken to pan, breast side up and continue roasting another 35 minutes.
- Remove again and baste with the Champagne Balsamic Vinegar and roast a final 15 minutes, for an internal temperature of 165°.
Posted on January 01 2022