Salted Strawberry Balsamic Brownies with Basil-Smoked Lapsang Tea Cream
This decadent dessert features the unusual flavors of basil and chocolate, but you will find that it is delightful! The crunchy salt, smoky tea rub, and dark strawberry swirl create a beautiful presentation for Valentine’s Day or any special occasion.
½ cup butter
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
4 eggs (room temperature)
½ tsp. plain salt
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar (plus more for drizzle)
1 cup flour
2 tsp. Cypress Flake Salt
½ cup heavy cream
½ tsp. sugar
¼ tsp. Smoked Lapsang Tea Rub
1 Tbsp Basil Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 350°. Use a 9x9 baking pan for maximum cake-like & moist brownies.
- In a double boiler, melt butter and unsweetened chocolate; remove from heat and allow to cool thoroughly.
- Using a stand mixer or electric beaters, beat 4 eggs and plain salt until light and fluffy.
- Mix in sugar and Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- BY HAND, stir in chocolate mixture (do not overmix)
- BY HAND, add flour and stir until combined.
- Pour into pan and sprinkle Cypress Flake Salt over the mixture and stir gently with a fork to distribute.
- Bake 35 mins and cool.
- Whisk together heavy cream, sugar, Smoked Lapsang Tea Dry Rub and Basil Olive Oil. Pour the cream mixture over each brownie. Drizzle with a little more Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar and make a design with a toothpick or knife point.