Butter Lemon Onion Dill Artichoke Chicken
A creamy sauce for chicken on rice for anyone who enjoys the butter, lemon, onion combination. Put it on pasta or rice to absorb all the wonderful, creamy sauce. This recipe won't disappoint.
Butter Infused Olive Oil
Garlic Balsamic Vinegar
Lemon Onion Dill Seasoning
2 large chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise
1-2 tsps per chicken piece Lemon Onion Dill Seasoning (use more or less to your liking)
4 cloves fresh garlic minced
3-4 tablespoons Butter Infused Olive Oil
1 small shallot, finely chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons Garlic Balsamic Vinegar
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
12–14 ounce jarred or canned artichokes, liquid reserved
5 ounces fresh baby spinach
Freshly chopped parsley and lemon slices as garnish for added depth and flavor
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise to obtain four thinner cutlets. Season cutlets with Lemon Onion Dill Seasoning and pepper.
- Add the Butter Infused Olive Oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté the chicken on both sides, about 4 minutes or until golden brown in color. Then transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add chopped shallot and garlic, Garlic Balsamic and broth to pan, then let it come up to a slight boil, about 1 minute or so.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; then add in cream, parmesan cheese, artichokes, and spinach. Stir to combine all ingredients and allow mixture to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and cook until sauce has thickened, spinach has wilted, and chicken is cooked through completely, about 5-10 minutes.
- Season with more salt/pepper, if desired, and serve dish immediately. We enjoyed it over pasta, but rice would be great too. Enjoy!