Vanilla and Rosé Pork Souvlaki
Souvlaki is a popular Greek snack consisting of different meats or vegetables grilled on a skewer. Here, pork tenderloin is marinated overnight and grilled. Serve with roasted vegetables, salad, or rice. This recipe makes 5-6 skewers and can be made indoors in a skillet or outdoors on a grill. These tasty bites can serve as hearty appetizers, eaten either hot or cold. Don’t forget the pita bread!
Ingredients2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed and cubed
For the Marinade
¼ cup Vanilla Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Rosé Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tbsp Greek Classic Seasoning
½ tsp. Garlic Himalayan Salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients and toss pork cubes thoroughly to coat. Cover and marinate overnight.
- If using live fire or gas grill, soak the wooden skewers in water for about half an hour first. Using 10” bamboo skewers, slide 6 pieces of pork on to each.
- In a large skillet or flat cast iron grill, heat ¼ cup Vanilla Olive Oil until shimmering and sear pork skewers on each side until golden, 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a sheet pan.
- Deglaze the cast iron with 2 Tbsp Rosé Balsamic Vinegar and remove from heat.
- Finish cooking pork in a 350° oven for 15 minutes.
- Place hot skewers in a serving dish and baste with the glaze. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
Posted on March 31 2022