Maple Candied Pecans
These are a delicious crunchy topping for autumn dishes like baked yams or pumpkin pie, as an addition to any cheese or charcuterie board, as an ice-cream topping, or simply snacking straight from the bowl!
2 cups whole pecans
3 Tbsp. Butter Olive Oil
½ cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. Maple Balsamic Vinegar
½ tsp vanilla
1 tsp coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In an 8” skillet (cast iron works best), combine all ingredients
- Over medium-high heat and using a heat-proof spatula, stir everything together until sugar melts, the nuts begin to toast, and a nice syrup forms; about 5 or 6 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and parchment paper. These are extremely sticky, so the foil will make for easy clean up
- Toast in the oven for 2 minutes. These burn easily, so seconds count
- Carefully slide the entire parchment sheet of caramelized nuts onto a cooling rack or a towel laid out on the counter. Allow to cool completely on the paper
- When cool they break apart easily and can be stored on the countertop in any sealed container
Posted on September 30 2021