How to Make Grain Bowls - The Formula
Grain bowls offer lots of composition options allowing you to use up what produce or leftovers you may have as well as using any seasonal and fresh ingredients you have can find. Any choice of protein and grain can be used. Chicken, beef, fish, etc., and beans, rice, quinoa, pasta, you name it! All, of course, bursting with your favorite healthy flavors. We love the flexibility and the individual creativity that can be applied for a meal full of flavor.
Here is our never-fail formula for a healthy grain bowl recipe.
- A grain (Brown Rice, Wild Rice, Farro, Quinoa, Cous Cous)
- A protein (black beans, chickpeas, salmon, cauliflower rice, chicken, tofu, mushroom, shrimp, ahi poke, seared tuna—something hearty and substantial)
- Veggies- Raw or Cooked or both (cucumbers, avocado, broccoli, peppers, carrots sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, zucchini, tomatoes, arugula, olives, shaved red onion, spinach or kale)
- Something creamy (goat cheese, avocado, a drizzle of pesto, Greek yogurt, or your favorite dressing or sauce)
- Crunch (slivered almonds, crumbled seedy crackers, pumpkin seeds, pomegranate seeds)
What is so fun, is you can play with flavors. You can do an Asian inspired bowl with peanut sauce, edamame, etc. Or a Mexican fresca bowl with rice, beans, corn and salsa! There is no wrong way to do it.
Posted on August 31 2022