Honey Ginger Lime Chicken Lettuce Wraps
1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sriracha
2 tbsp water
3 tbsp Honey Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp Lime Olive Oil
1 lb ground chicken
1 medium onion diced small
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 yellow bell pepper diced small
1 medium zucchini dice small
1 can water chestnuts diced
4 green onions, thinly sliced
3 cups cooked rice (we use Basmati or Jasmine)
Butter Lettuce (pictured) or Napa cabbage leaves for serving
Cilantro for garnish
- Combine the ginger, soy sauce, sriracha, water, balsamic vinegar, and rice vinegar in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat Lime Olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add ground chicken and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic, and peppers and cook about 5 minutes until onion has softened.
- Add the zucchini and sauce and continue cooking until the onion and peppers have finished cooking and some of the liquid has cooked off. (There should be some extra sauce in the bottom of the pan)
- Add the green onions and water chestnuts and cook until warmed through.
- Serve each lettuce leaf with rice and meat mixture like a taco or burrito and add a bit of cilantro if desired.