Blood Orange Brownies
Take a bite of these brownies and you will ask "what is that flavor!?" Delicious citrus pairs beautifully with fudgy chocolate, top with vanilla ice cream and you may just stay in sweet chocolate bliss indefinitely.
Makes 16 brownies
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4c granulated sugar
1/2c brown sugar
3 large eggs
1/2c cocoa powder
1/2c plain flour
1/2c chocolate chips
1/2c chopped nuts (optional)
- reheat oven to 360 F. Line an 8 inch square baking tin with oil or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add olive oil, vanilla and sugars and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs and whisk with a fork for approximately 30 seconds or until combined.
- Add eggs to sugar mixture, along with cocoa powder, flour and chocolate chips. Gently mix with a spoon or spatula to combine. Pour into prepared tin.
- Bake for approximately 28-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool slightly before removing from pan. They will firm up as they cool. Serve with ice cream (optional)
Recipe inspiration from:
Posted on December 11 2019