Blackberry Ginger Goat Cheese Puffs
6 oz goat cheese (at room temperature)
1 Tbsp. lemon zest
2 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. milk
2 sheets puff pastry thawed
1/2 pint blackberries
2 Tbsp. Blackberry Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
1 handful arugula
2 Tbsp. Chipotle Olive Oil (or Lime Olive Oil)
- Preheat oven 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix goat cheese, lemon zest, honey & milk until well mixed.
- In another small bowl stir blackberries with balsamic vinegar to coat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- On lightly floured surface, cut the puff pastry into 2-inch squares.
- Place squares onto the parchment lined sheet 2 inches apart and score a square into the middle of the pastry making sure not to cut all the way through to the bottom.
- Lightly brush the pastry squares with the Chipotle Olive Oil.
- Place a dollop of the lemon goat cheese mixture on top of each square and top with a blackberry.
- Bake squares for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- When cool place a leaf of arugula under each blackberry.
- Drizzle with more Balsamic Vinegar if desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.